Teaching Personnel, the UK’s leading recruitment specialist for education, has compiled a free teaching assistant handbook designed to give an overall view of teaching assistant roles, responsibilities and their position within the education system.
The handbook is a fantastic read for those just starting out or for those who want to know more about the diversity of the TA role.
The handbook includes the following topics:
- TA roles and responsibilities (how TAs support pupils, teachers, the school and school curriculum)
- Working in schools (the structure of the school system and academic year)
- Working on supply (how Teaching Personnel can help TAs find work)
- Working in the classroom (learning, behaviour management and social/health education)
- Professional Practice (including teamwork, dress code, first aid etc)
- Special Educational Needs (SEN definition, code of practice and types of SEN)
- Career progression
- Educational Abbreviations
- Useful websites