The Teaching Assistant Ofsted Experience
Very little is known about how Teaching Assistants, Learning Support Assistants and nursery nurses experience Ofsted inspections. We would like to give voice to your experiences – good and bad.
We’d like to use your experiences to put together a blog for TA Focus and the Guardian’s Teacher Network blog.
This is your opportunity to share your personal experiences with other professionals. Feel free to tell us whatever is meaningful for you, but as a guide, you might like to consider:
- How the visit made you feel (e.g. your emotional responses)
- What it felt like to be observed by an Inspector
- What kind of interaction you had with Inspectors, if any
- Any significant changes to practice that you feel might have been done for the benefit of Inspectors
- Any observations you have of the Ofsted process and how it affected the staff and pupils in your school
- What happened once the Inspectors had given their verdict.
This is an anonymous survey, so you can be as open and honest as you like. Your response is totally confidential. Any use of the data will not identify individuals or schools.
- Maximising the Impact of Teaching Assistants by Anthony Russell, Rob Webster and Peter Blanchford.
- Mid year academic diary (July 2014 – August 2015)
- Moleskine pocket notebook
- Meditation Week by Week by David Fontana
- Post-it notes
- Pack of ball pens
To enter the prize draw, you must enter your email address at the end of the survey (if you don’t want to enter, simply leave this box blank).
** THIS COMPETITION HAS NOW CLOSED **
Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
- The closing date for all entrants is 30th June 2014.
- We will randomly select and notify the winner after the closing date.
- Our prize draw is only open to UK residents.
- The prize is offered as stated and is non-exchangeable or transferable. No cash alternatives will be provided.
- Once notified by us, the winner will need to provide a UK address to receive the prize.
- Your email address is required for the prize draw and will not be shared with any third parties.
- The winner will be notified by email.
- We reserve the right to pick an alternative winner if the original winner does not contact us within 14 working days of being told they have won.
- The prize is only open to entrants aged 18 or over.
- We reserve the right to cancel or suspend the prize at any point, without liability to the prize-giver or winner.
- Our decision is final on all matters and we will not enter into any further correspondence.
- By entering, you agree to be bound by these rules in relation to these prize draws.